Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Our Night at the Castle

On Monday Nic and I both had the day off, so we thought we'd do something fun together. Nic suggested that we drive to Thanksgiving Point to see the gardens there. Afterwards, he told me that he was going to take me to this great maternity clothes store in Sandy. I was oblivious to the fact that Nic had planned a surprise for me. As we came into Sandy, we pulled into a parking lot of a Castle. I knew that something was up then and kept asking him, "what is this?, what are we doing". We walk into the castle and Nic told the lady at the front desk that we had reservations for "Arnold." He had secretly made a reservation at a cute little Castle Creek Inn. We stayed in the Scottish themed room for a night. It was so relaxing! Such a nice way to break up the monotony of school and work in Provo. They told us to feel free to have any drinks or snacks from the kitchen, take any movies from the cupboards to watch, or play any board games that they had. Our room had a huge jet hot tub, which I was very excited about. I love taking baths, but our little apartment has a tub that is so small it must have been designed for a little kid. We had a nice time and hope to go back again. Thank you Nic for the fun surprise!! I love you.







Here's Nic enjoying root beer in the huge tub!

We had our very own knight to guard our room.



Here I am setting up a board game

They had beautiful scenery right outside our window

Our stay included a delicious breakfast!

5 comments:

Gena Susan said...

Way to go Nic! That looks like fun! So sweet!

Miss you guys.

amylynnpaulson said...

Hey looks fun and romantic! What a wonderful hubby you have and how happy you two look. You are adorable pregnant, by the way. xoxoxo Amyzd

Kara said...

How thoughtful of Nic, and what a neat place! Who knew there was a castle in UT?!

Unknown said...

What fun! A stay at the castle with your sweetheart!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Tammy,
I miss you so much. It makes me so hsppy to see my little sister is so loved by an awesome hubby. Nic, you are so cool. So glad you and Tammy found each other. Keep having fun together.
-Lolly